The Trading Representative (TR) Productivity Enhancement Program aims to equip and renew TRs with improved technical and sales competencies to bring greater value-add to investors. The aim is to deepen the effectiveness and efficiencies of TRs that will lead to greater productivity in trading and sales management.
Sales Training Session – Day 1
Client acquisition and the power of referrals
• Prospecting does not mean making cold calls since statistics show the success rate is less than 5%
• Referrals can be made easy if you use the right strategy
• We will reveal some helpful tips that will help you master making hot calls
Setting client service levels and managing client expectations
• To establish any service level you need to examine the fundamentals of selling in order to understand the customer and his needs
• One main focus is asking the right questions of your customers to help you provide the right product and the right service
• Whatever you offer has to be worth more than what your client thinks he is paying for so an effective sales person will deliver that answer from the onset. When you offer something that gives the “feel good” factor, you are on your first step towards sales success. Setting up a calling script & a daily routine
• Telephone skills are essential in your pursuit to be an effective sales person but success really depends on you being organized
• Steps to mastering a daily routine includes asking yourself – what is your objective and identifying the right approach
• Setting up a call list and ensuring that you establish a calling discipline is the first step to getting you your sales ticket
• In disseminating information to your client via your daily call requires you maintaining the interest of the party on the line. The trick is to create a “hook” where your opening statement packs enough of a punch for the listener to be craving for more
• It is essential to follow a simple outline so that the most important calls are made and the information broadcasted to your top clients quickly and efficiently
Sales Training Session – Day 2
Case studies of Top 10 client issues a TR will face
• A closer look at what new TRs face when they first start as a sales person catering to their clients’ needs and wants.
• Creating your rapport, building your credibility and maintaining a high standard of service so you gain mileage with your clients.
• Showcasing product knowledge and understanding what is relevant to your client.
Handling difficult clients
• The key to providing good service requires you to have good communication skills.
• The best way to accommodating all “categories” of clients is to possess good listening and acknowledging skills.
• Responding to clients’ needs and concerns will demonstrate your personal credibility and competence and also gain emotional alignment with your clients.
• Learn to take appropriate action, sound logical as well as reasonable, and learn to better handle objections.
• Master some techniques to becoming an empathetic listener and use the right type of body language to convey attentiveness and alertness
• Adopt an acknowledging stance so that you can demonstrate your ability to listen and build rapport with your client
Role playing different client-facing scenarios
• Confrontations and accusations – and how to calm a client down when sparks fly
• Saying “no” to demanding clients who pay little and ask a lot
• When you promise more than you can deliver
Please click here to download PDF document